Monday, 1 October 2007
Finished object - red and white flowered shirt
I'm really pleased with how this has turned out, especially given that it's my first attempt at a sewn garment and it was made rather on the fly.
The collar is a little shorter than it should be (I've not even tried to give it a top button) and I had to make it sleeveless after I ran out of time on the machine. The armholes are bound off with a thin strip of the fabric instead. Still I don't think I can ask for much more than a wearable garment from my first go.
Next up I want to make this shirt (or at least something similar) from Burda Style in an insane green flowery print.
Meanwhile I've finally washed the wadding for the quilt so I should be able to start the quilting this weekend once the bottom piece is also washed and dry. I'll be quilting by hand in the same green thread which I used for the piecing.