Tuesday 25 September 2007

Burda style

Ellen, who is a much more experienced seamstress than I am and who said "You didn't make a muslin? That was brave" in much the same tone as I might say "You didn't knit a gauge swatch?", pointed me to this great site which not only offers free patterns but also sewing "how to's" - which means that for my next project I won't have to wuss out on the sleeves, yes my blouse has turned into a sleeveless one. I'll be taking some pictures of it as soon as I've found the right buttons.

2 comments:

the frog princess said...

Not a more experienced seamstress, I assure you, but have merely made my share of bad pattern mistakes over the years!

Kirsty said...

Muslins are for sissies! :-)

I'm a great believer in wearable ones, at least. And even then, only if I'm not very confident in the pattern, or the fabric I want to use is really really precious.
I just don't have the patience to sew something I already know I'm not going to wear.
I do tissue fit, though, and pin fit.